[RFC] Disable bug reporting till Bugzilla situation is improved

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun May 26 10:05:25 UTC 2013

Hi all,

this is probably a controversial proposal: Let's disable bug reporting for
Plasma until the current situation is improved.

Reason: the bugtracker in it's current state gets flooded by new incoming
reports and we are not able to get the water out of our cellar as long as new
water is coming in. So let's put a plug into the leaking pipe and then start
to get the water out and let's fix the leak properly and then turn on the water
again.

I don't know whether it's possible (need to talk to sysadmins), but I would
keep it open for kde devs, so that we would get reports for newly introduced
regressions/bugs in master.

This has to be absolutely temporarily and should be stopped before the release
of 4.11. If I had to set a hard date I would say June, 26th, which is the beta
2 release.

Opinions?

Cheers
Martin