Having an issue with the minimum size of Plasma.WebView

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas terietor at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 13:40:19 UTC 2013

On 19 January 2013 03:11, Paulo Nogueira <paulondc at gmail.com> wrote:

>  but I'm not quite convinced about the
> radical way where all widgets UI must be done using QML.

Can you tell me why we shouldn't put all the widgets UI in QML?
(This is a normal question, I can't thing 1 reason why we shouldn't)

just a few reasons why we should write the widgets UI in QML:

a. no qwidgets
b. QML2 goodies
c. clear separation between business logic and UI
d. easier to maintain QML than QGV
e. its easier for people to contribute, because the plasma frameworks
provides them with components and they just have to combine the pieces.
f. and the list goes on

In my opinion it should be a developer decision, like if I want to
> keep all of my code in C++, why not ?

In order to write your code in c++ you will have to use QGraphicsView.
QGV used to be a quite good framework for its time but nowadays its
consider done,
but QML continues to grow.
So why it should be a good idea to keep a done framework alive in KDE
frameworks?

Also IMO I would prefer to use something which the developers of the x
project recommend
because they know better than me instead of doing my own.

Regards,
Giorgos

--
Giorgos Tsiapaliokas (terietor)