Having an issue with the minimum size of Plasma.WebView

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Jan 18 13:06:46 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 18 January 2013, Aleix Pol wrote:
>
> > If we can leverage the bindings to Qt, we reduce complexity and we get a
> > lot of stuff for free that will be also more re-usable in other
> > applications.
> >
> > ...no? :)
>
> no :p
>
> as i already explainer there back in randa, there are tons of occasions and
> use cases where doing a new import makes totally sense.
>
> but again, this automatically means guaranteeing good and stable api, (and
> be a function that maes sense at all outside one single app/plasmoid) is
> the
> same reason you don't export a public library for all the c++ code you
> write...
> ...or you do? :)
>

> Cheers,
> Marco Martin

Is it really a matter of enforcing API stability? Whenever you introduce
some code there will be some quality to maintain. For example with data
engines, there's also strings that define how it's going to work.

Also it doesn't always mean that you have to put every code available to
all modules. I can imagine bundling python code within a plasma package and
do something like addImportsPath("plasmapackage://imports") for every
package.

Aleix