KActivities::Info::linkedResources

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Jan 14 19:55:15 UTC 2013

> the method is indeed evil,
> not sure about breaking the released api tough

That is why I'm asking - we have two evils - bad method vs semantic api change

> i think it should stay just a deprecated, or at most be a noop (modulo some
> kWarning)

I'd like to go for a noop.

> now a thing i wonder, how to proceed for slc, since i wanted to keep it
> working on 4.10 for a while, also because active 4 is based upon 4.10
>
> could be isResourceLinked() factored in a change so small that can be
> backported?

The service in 4.10 already has this method (it would need to be implemented
in a better way than it is), but the library doesn't expose it. Can we change
the API this late in the release cycle?

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
Make your code readable. Pretend the next person who looks
at your code is a psychopath and they know where you live.