KActivities::Info::linkedResources

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 19:37:33 UTC 2013

On Monday 14 January 2013, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> KActivities::Info::linkedResources() is an evil method that needs to go
> away - it retrieves a list of linked resources synchronously. Currently,
> it is used only in Share-Like-Connect, in a funny way - to check whether a
> specific resource is linked to the activity like this:
>     linkedResources().contains(resourceUrl)
>
> I've added (soon to be in master) the isResourceLinked method that does
> this in a proper way.
>
> I'd really like to do something evil to discourage people from using this
> method - more than the current KDE_DEPRECATED mark.
>
> The first idea is to make the method return nothing (and note that in the
> apidox).
>
> The second is to even add a qFatal or something to ensure nobody is using
> it.
>
> Thoughts?

the method is indeed evil,
not sure about breaking the released api tough

i think it should stay just a deprecated, or at most be a noop (modulo some
kWarning)

now a thing i wonder, how to proceed for slc, since i wanted to keep it
working on 4.10 for a while, also because active 4 is based upon 4.10

could be isResourceLinked() factored in a change so small that can be
backported?

Cheers,
Marco Martin