KActivities::Info::linkedResources

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Jan 14 19:08:03 UTC 2013

Hi all,

KActivities::Info::linkedResources() is an evil method that needs to go away -
it retrieves a list of linked resources synchronously. Currently, it is used
only in Share-Like-Connect, in a funny way - to check whether a specific
resource is linked to the activity like this:
    linkedResources().contains(resourceUrl)

I've added (soon to be in master) the isResourceLinked method that does this
in a proper way.

I'd really like to do something evil to discourage people from using this
method - more than the current KDE_DEPRECATED mark.

The first idea is to make the method return nothing (and note that in the
apidox).

The second is to even add a qFatal or something to ensure nobody is using it.

Thoughts?

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do.