QML Placces design discussion

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 13:24:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Aurélien Gâteau <agateau at kde.org> wrote:

>>> Do you have arguments to back this bold claim?
>>

>> Sure. I've opened this topic to improve the pager for default usage:
>> - Show it even when you have just one VD to fix my usecase. Which is
>> very valid.
>>
>> That's the intention and that hasn't changed. Apparently most of you
>> seem to disagree here. Apparently i'm the only one that dislikes
>> having an empty space shown by default..
>

> What your anger hides from you is that we actually mostly agree with
> you.

It's not anger. More a bit of frustration that a default like this can
even be accepted and that i'm getting no impression at all that you
guys care. I mean, the patch is very easy. I showed it and i can
commit it if you allow me. So any "difficulty" is non existent.

> I don't like the idea of having an empty spot by default, that is why I
> support the idea of:
>
> - Removing the applet from the default setup
> - Changing the applet so that it always show something even if there is
>   only one virtual desktop

Well, as i said before. I am in favor of removing it altogether.
However, if it stays installable (which it will) then it should show
the pager even with one VD. Before your post i wasn't getting any
impression that you guys would be willing to accept that. Now you say
you will which is good :)

> This means in your situation you would have to add the pager applet
> to your panel and it would show one single virtual desktop so you can
> drag back your windows from your beamer screen.

That's no issue.