QML Placces design discussion

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Feb 13 13:23:28 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 13 February 2013 13:50:08 Mark wrote:
> That's the intention and that hasn't changed. Apparently most of you
> seem to disagree here. Apparently i'm the only one that dislikes
> having an empty space shown by default..
to complement what Aurelien just wrote: you need to step aside from your own
use case to properly discuss it. It makes you blind to see that there are many
ways to get to what you need. So far you only focus on what you proposed to
change.

I looked to the problem not from your perspective but from the global view.
Why is the pager implemented that way? Is that a valid use case? Is the use
case correctly implemented or are there better ways to implement the use case?
This lead for me to: let's remove the pager in the default setup.

--
Martin Gräßlin