QML Placces design discussion

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Feb 13 12:44:31 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 13 February 2013 06:43:47 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:23:41 +0100, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 February 2013 06:17:45 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> >> Since the virtual desktop kcm is already shown from within the pager
> >> applet
> >> configuration dialog, maybe it can simply be removed from
> >> systemsettings?
> >
> > erm no, I'm using virtual desktops but not a pager
>
> This sounds like an advanced-user setup. I would expect advanced users
> would know how to either run the kcm with kcmshell or run the pager
> applet with `plasma-windowed pager`.
Actually I see the pager as a relict from the time when we did not have
desktop grid. It's not really an advanced user setup, but I just find the
pager completely useless. I had had the pager quite long and dropped it when I
realized that I don't use it, because I only use desktop grid.

> Either that, or one could show a KMessageWidget in the KCM if there are
> no pager applet, with a button offering to add one (assuming the KCM
> can
> do this)
sounds also fine.

yes I wrote (part of) the KCM :-)