QML Placces design discussion

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Wed Feb 13 11:43:47 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:23:41 +0100, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 February 2013 06:17:45 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>> Since the virtual desktop kcm is already shown from within the pager
>> applet
>> configuration dialog, maybe it can simply be removed from
>> systemsettings?
> erm no, I'm using virtual desktops but not a pager

This sounds like an advanced-user setup. I would expect advanced users
would know how to either run the kcm with kcmshell or run the pager
applet with `plasma-windowed pager`.

Either that, or one could show a KMessageWidget in the KCM if there are
no pager applet, with a button offering to add one (assuming the KCM
can
do this)

> and the KCM offers more than pager related stuff, like shortcuts for
> switching between VDs and so on.

Are you sure about that? It really uses the same KCM: there is a tab to
define keyboard shortcuts in the applet config.

Aurélien