Battery Monitor on Plasma 2

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Sun Dec 29 15:56:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

> yes, have to use PlasmaCore.Types prefix, everything in plasma.h is
> available under there
Okay.

> in the systray having something not square breaks in many edge cases..
> so makes me think that we should really introduce a new formfactor for
> square stuff, so the battery could behave differently when in systray or
> directly in the panel (also considering the old aspectratio property of
> plasma1 is gone)
Makes sense. Although it could become handy if, say, the network manager could
provide an icon for each active connection (a WiFi and eth icon) :)

> that said, i don't think should be something for the plasmoid to care to,
that seems a thing that should be present in all plasmoids
Huh? I was talking about having the PM switch and brightness slider as close
to the panel as possible, eg. in a top panel, the controls are at the top, so
you can reach them quickly. Similar to what Kickoff does/did.

Cheers,
Kai Uwe