Battery Monitor on Plasma 2

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 15:40:38 UTC 2013

On Sunday 29 December 2013, Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > plasmoid.location should work, if it doesn't, let me know. (I haven't
> > checked for the system tray, but it would be an easy fix.)
>
> Haven't tried so far but I guess I need to accomodate to the enum changes
> using PlasmaCore.Types for location then?

yes, have to use PlasmaCore.Types prefix, everything in plasma.h is available
under there

> > For the battery it means, that we will not accommodate the "show  me
> > two batteries" case in the tray, as this will greatly increase complexity
> > there, and I'm not willing to deal with the amount of special cases it
> > introduces. People who really want this behaviour may put the battery in
> > the panel independently.
>
> I don't quite understand, where do you not want to show two batteries? In
> the list?

in the systray having something not square breaks in many edge cases..
so makes me think that we should really introduce a new formfactor for square
stuff, so the battery could behave differently when in systray or directly in
the panel (also considering the old aspectratio property of plasma1 is gone)

> > We don't use QGV in Plasma 2. Are you confusing something (or just me)?
>
> Yes, and this is why I was hoping that a popup dialog which resizes itself
> doesn't look as bad as it does on Plasma 1. But since it doesn't resize
> anyways now…

the glitches inside the popup should be gone, but since is still X yes, it
would behave pretty badly still :p

--
Marco Martin