Battery Monitor on Plasma 2

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Sun Dec 29 13:37:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

> plasmoid.location should work, if it doesn't, let me know. (I haven't
> checked for the system tray, but it would be an easy fix.)
Haven't tried so far but I guess I need to accomodate to the enum changes
using PlasmaCore.Types for location then?

> Please file a bug, this needs more detailed debugging in the containment or
> the workspace QML package. It has nothing to do with the battery
> specifically.
Okay, will do some more playing around and file one then.

> No, it's a reasonable size based on font metrics.
+1 for dpi awareness :)

> For the battery it means, that we will not accommodate the "show  me
> two batteries" case in the tray, as this will greatly increase complexity
> there, and I'm not willing to deal with the amount of special cases it
> introduces. People who really want this behaviour may put the battery in
> the panel independently.
I don't quite understand, where do you not want to show two batteries? In the
list?

> We don't use QGV in Plasma 2. Are you confusing something (or just me)?
Yes, and this is why I was hoping that a popup dialog which resizes itself
doesn't look as bad as it does on Plasma 1. But since it doesn't resize
anyways now…

Cheers,
Kai Uwe