System tray

Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak rysiek at fwioo.pl
Tue Sep 18 11:23:12 UTC 2012

Dnia wtorek, 18 września 2012 o 13:12:37 Daniel Nicoletti napisał(a):
> 2012/9/18 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> > On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:58:32 Marco Martin wrote:
> >> - for the popup as just icons: not overly strong opinion, but I
> >> tend to prefer using text as well.
> >
> > agreed. it makes it clearer what each icon is, but also gives a
> > much bigger hit area and allows them to be easily scanned (a
> > grid is difficult for many to scan quickly).
>
> Would it be hard to add an option to instead of a popup expand
> the plasmoid and show the remaining icons?

+1

This could be placed somewhere in the plasmoid config dialogue.

> I really dislike the popup expecially because when I click on a
> plasmoid there it opens in the middle of the screen, and not close
> to the panel.

+1.

For some strange reason, plasmoids here (KDE 4.8.4) slide *upwards*,
instead of down, even when we're talking about bottom-panel-based
ones. This looks strange and sometimes leaves artifatcs on the screen.

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania