System tray

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:15:45 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 18 September 2012, Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> 2012/9/18 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> > On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:58:32 Marco Martin wrote:
> >> - for the popup as just icons: not overly strong opinion, but I tend to
> >> prefer using text as well.
> >
> > agreed. it makes it clearer what each icon is, but also gives a much
> > bigger hit area and allows them to be easily scanned (a grid is
> > difficult for many to scan quickly).
>
> Would it be hard to add an option to instead of a popup expand
> the plasmoid and show the remaining icons?
> I really dislike the popup expecially because when I click on a plasmoid
> there it opens in the middle of the screen, and not close to the panel.

i really hope an option could be avoided here.

the ideal scenario is clicking on an icon, then the same popup slides and
resizes to the plasmoid contents.

i'm not sure/don't think the current architecture makes this easy or possible,
but that should be the target, let's not do worksarounds

Cheers,
Marco Martin