share-like-connect in 4.10

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 19:33:39 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 03 October 2012, Giorgos Tsiapaliokas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we would like to have the SLC plasmoid in 4.10 by default.
> Until now the SLC had plasma-mobile as a dependency due to the Fallback
> component,
> this component has been move in kde-runtime(at the plasma extras
> components).

just as a short update,
today i looked if was possible integrate somehow the current kipi plugins,
there is some experiment in the mart/kipi in the share-like-connect repo, if
someone wants to take a look.

idea was just to list various plugins in the share menu then lauching the
qwidget ui for actually doing the operation.

ui-wise is still something that is not ok and should be changed but would have
been a good ad interim solution.. maybe

what i found wasn't that great, the api is quite unstable and changes often,
and seems plugins can't be listed wothout loading, that gives quite some
performance issues.

those two points make me very hesitant to consider kipi as a viable solution
for sharing plugins...

Cheers,
Marco Martin