Screen Locking for 4.10

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:12:18 UTC 2012

On Thursday 04 October 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> they would need to also be available from the individual areas (networking,
> powermanagement, etc) so one can directly go from "the thing that isn't
> correct" (e.g. my networking) to the solution, rather than having to back
> up, go to the central application and search through there for networking
> (which is where you already were! :) ... which is much like kcms
> themselves. perhaps we could even re-use that.

<braindump>

they may be actual kcms, with something that can be queried that says "it's
about configuring an activity"

then from the activity manager when pressing config a window may come up that
loads all kcms with that keyword.

so things like power management, screen locker etc would come up.
maybe even the same used in systemsettings (that would have only global stuff)
but with the activity id set somewhere in the code, so they would know that
they have to save the settings only in the context of a particular activity

this way shows a consistent ui, *and* doesn't overload systemsettings with
many "configure per activity" pages

</braindump>

--
Marco Martin