Screen Locking for 4.10

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Thu Oct 4 15:38:07 UTC 2012

In data giovedì 4 ottobre 2012 17:20:40, Aleix Pol ha scritto:

> By default, since the new branch was merged, I'm getting a white
> screen (that feels a bit aggressive), so I decided to go to the KCM

On my system it paints the default KDE wallpaper. But other people that have
been testing this (some fellow openSUSE folks) report the white screen as
well.

> - We can set an option to "Start Automatically after x seconds". I
> have a feeling that tells me that this should depend on the Power

This is likely "legacy" of screensaver, but I think it's orthogonal to power
settings: you may want to lock *before* powermanagement kicks in.

> There's also the "Desktop Widgets" option. There, I think a nicer name
> would be "Interactive Locker". It sounded appealing to me but then:

Speaking of that (as you wrote below), is plasma-overlay working at all? I
risked getting myself locked out as well.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter