Display Configuration KCM design review

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 4 12:44:40 UTC 2012

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 14:01:04 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> Yes, that happens to me when I use my laptop with an external monitor: the
> bottom of the two screens do not line up,

in which case does one NOT want the bottoms to line up?

could we:

* stipulate that at least one edge is always aligned between monitors?
* ensure that this is the case when creating the xrandr configuration?

i'm trying to think of when one would (reasonably) require screens that are off
by a couple of pixels, and i can't imagine such a use case. iow, instead of
trying to make it possible to fix configuration stupidity, can we simply avoid
such scenarios in the first place?

imho it would be a lot nicer if instead of "being able" to tweak things, we
didn't have to. simpler, easier to learn UIs with the desired results in the
first place.