Display Configuration KCM design review

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Thu Oct 4 12:01:04 UTC 2012

Le jeudi 4 octobre 2012 13:38:06 Christoph Feck a écrit :
> On Thursday 04 October 2012 13:23:18 Marco Martin wrote:
> > On Thursday 04 October 2012, todd rme wrote:

> > > It is hard to move objects by small increments using the mouse,
> > > especially along a single axis.
> >
> > you don't need that, only thing you can do is to say (this monitor
> > is on the left of this other one), moving it 3 pixels to the left
> > won't cause anything.
>
> Having two monitors placed side-by-side, you want to be able
> to correctly vertically align them.

Yes, that happens to me when I use my laptop with an external monitor: the
bottom of the two screens do not line up, so it would be handy to be able to
fine tune the position to ensure the mouse cursor does not jump when going from
one screen to the other.

> There could be an "Advanced" mode,
> where you can set pixel positions, refresh rates, etc.

I don't think you need an advanced mode: in the proposed UI it should be
doable to implement adjusting the position with the arrow keys. This does not
conflict with the way one can quickly rearrange screens with the mouse.

Aurélien