[RFC] New (QML) Desktop Containment

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Nov 22 16:28:54 UTC 2012

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 15:37:30 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Thursday 22 November 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > to go a bit more at impementation details vevel, to achieve something
> > > like that, it could be done:
> > > * maintain the same grid system 48x48 there is now
> >
> > should this be based on screen resolution / dpi?
>
> yep, probably , something that should always result in ~1 phisical
> centimeter  or something like that

Or, crazy idea, it should depend on the size of the frameshadow -- just a
crazy idea. It would make a few cases of placement on the grid more efficient
and flexible, though. :)

One issue that confuses a bit with the demo video is that it uses Air410,
which has huge frame borders, those add up quite a bit larger than the grid.
Just something to keep in mind.

--
sebas