PlasmaCore Dialog maximum width

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon May 28 18:26:06 UTC 2012

On Monday, May 28, 2012 16:17:12 Marco Martin wrote:
> again, the fact that an element ends up as a window is a completely
> irrelevant implementation detail, that may depend from the platform or even
> from the version, should be possible for windows becoming elements just on
> scene and vice versa, without the code client of that api even noticing.

the counter points are applications that may have multiple windows (the web
browser on the n9 is an example of such a thing).

right now every one of our apps has a bit of C++ boilerplate ... to show a
window. that is an inescapable fact -> they need an app window.

that at least should probably go into a component that can be used from QML
allowing QML only apps from the ground up.

how we decide to constrain it from there is up to us, of course