PlasmaCore Dialog maximum width

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon May 28 18:23:03 UTC 2012

On Monday, May 28, 2012 15:57:06 Mark wrote:
> The "Qt Desktop Components" are going to allow that as well. Now i hope you
> mean one should mix Qt Desktop Components together with Plasma Components
> to make a fullscreen desktop application.
> http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-components/desktop/trees/master/components
>  ApplicationWindow.qml

we'll probably want to add an application window QML item to Plasma
Components; some though will need to go into how to make it so that it works
reasonably well across device types. the biggest problem with giving app
developers a thing like this is that they will start using any and all
possibilities with assumptions that are often misplaced (e.g. "i can rely on
making a window not fullscreen.")

an "ApplicationWindow" version of Dialog might be welcome if someone wants to
try their hand at writing it. API could be modeled after the Qt Desktop
Components API, though handling of the status bar, toolbars, etc would need to
be pretty drastically different on mobile than on the desktop.

interesting area for some R&D for anyone who is interested...