PlasmaCore Dialog maximum width

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon May 28 19:01:33 UTC 2012

On Monday 28 May 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday, May 28, 2012 15:57:06 Mark wrote:
> > The "Qt Desktop Components" are going to allow that as well. Now i hope
> > you mean one should mix Qt Desktop Components together with Plasma
> > Components to make a fullscreen desktop application.
> > http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-components/desktop/trees/master/components
> >
> >  ApplicationWindow.qml
>
> we'll probably want to add an application window QML item to Plasma
> Components; some though will need to go into how to make it so that it
> works reasonably well across device types. the biggest problem with giving
> app developers a thing like this is that they will start using any and all
> possibilities with assumptions that are often misplaced (e.g. "i can rely
> on making a window not fullscreen.")

a thing i'm a bit concerned about is what happens when it's used by a
plasmoid? seems a bit beyond on what's sane to do there...
it may behave in different ways like doing a popup if used in the panel, being
a rectangle on scene otherwise.., but semantically "application window" used
there is still a bit... ouch :/

--
Marco Martin