PlasmaCore Dialog maximum width

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 13:57:06 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 28 May 2012, Ionut Colceriu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way I could make a PlasmaCore Dialog fullscreen, in QML?
> > Right now, it seems that the Dialog has a maximum width (screen width
> > - margins) that I can't get beyond, regardless of the width I set on
> > the mainItem.
> >
> > Also, could you tell me where the margins for it are set? I've tried
> > removing the shadow-hint-margins from the SVG theme
> > (/dialogs/background.svgz), with no luck.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> <snip>
> so in general writing things in qml that requires things like a full screen
> window is discouraged. if really needed, an element to do that should be
> implemented in c++ but *not* exported as a plugin.
>
> Ehm, why?
You should be able to make desktop applications in QML. Also fullscreen
ones!
Specially fullscreen ones!

The "Qt Desktop Components" are going to allow that as well. Now i hope you
mean one should mix Qt Desktop Components together with Plasma Components
to make a fullscreen desktop application.
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-components/desktop/trees/master/components
 ApplicationWindow.qml

It might be a lot simpler to provide a Plasma window component...