Breadcrumbs in Kickoff

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Mar 16 11:59:26 UTC 2012

<note>this is my last mail to this thread</note>

On Friday 16 March 2012 12:29:45 Mark wrote:
> Things have changed quite a bit between the last discussion and now. Back
> then the KDE version had both the breadcrumbs and the back button. Right
> now we have a new KDE version that only has the breadcrumbs. So now is the
> time when users start noticing something is different and that they perhaps
> might miss something or not.
I'm not sure what you mean with things have changed... First of all the
behavior had been changed for version 4.7 which got released in July 2011.
Furthermore for us developers back in December the current version was already
4.8.

If you read the discussion you probably noticed that there is work going on to
rewrite Kickoff for 4.9. Given that I do not understand why we should discuss
a user interface whose code will be dropped.

Cheers
Martin