Survey to prepare 'Next Workspace Iteration' sprint

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jun 5 12:48:52 UTC 2012

On Monday, June 4, 2012 23:32:08 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> On Monday, June 04, 2012 11:00:56 PM Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > That might come as a surprise, but
> >
> > 					Plasma == Active
> >
> > Making a difference between those (and the KDE workspace) only makes sense
> > in a very limited scope. There's only a technical difference, but as we're
> > explicitely excluding technicalities and focus on vision, just assume
> > they're the same.
> >
> > 					Workspace == Plasma
>
> Exactly the point I did before. This is something Plasma team (as in you,
> notmart, ivan, aseigo) think, doesn't mean everybody else does.

so embrace it now that you know it.

instead of saying "well, we didn't know in the past so we can't do it this way
now" perhaps say "ah, now i see. ok, let's take that into consideration and
run the sprint in a way that reflects that."

fact is, i've told you that "plasma == active" and "workspace == plasma" many
times already. here on the mailing list, on irc ... yet you still write as if
you don't know this, or perhaps that you disagree and would like us to take
"plasma" and "active" and leave.

can you help me understand why this is?