Survey to prepare 'Next Workspace Iteration' sprint

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:59:00 UTC 2012

2012/6/5 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Monday, June 4, 2012 23:32:08 Alex Fiestas wrote:
>> On Monday, June 04, 2012 11:00:56 PM Sebastian Kügler wrote:
>> > That might come as a surprise, but
>> >
>> >                                     Plasma == Active
>> >
>> > Making a difference between those (and the KDE workspace) only makes sense
>> > in a very limited scope. There's only a technical difference, but as we're
>> > explicitely excluding technicalities and focus on vision, just assume
>> > they're the same.
>> >
>> >                                     Workspace == Plasma
>>
>> Exactly the point I did before. This is something Plasma team (as in you,
>> notmart, ivan, aseigo) think, doesn't mean everybody else does.
>
> so embrace it now that you know it.

I have this feeling these mails are running towards "my way or the
highway", and I don't really like that. Unless proven otherwise, the
work people attending to the sprint are doing mostly belongs to the
workspace. If we ARE part of Plasma, Workspace, whatever, we also take
part in defining its vision/direction/whatever. Hence this kind of
statements are quite contradictory from my POV.

> instead of saying "well, we didn't know in the past so we can't do it this way
> now" perhaps say "ah, now i see. ok, let's take that into consideration and
> run the sprint in a way that reflects that."
>
> fact is, i've told you that "plasma == active" and "workspace == plasma" many
> times already. here on the mailing list, on irc ... yet you still write as if
> you don't know this, or perhaps that you disagree and would like us to take
> "plasma" and "active" and leave.

I think nobody wants to see anyone leave here, so please don't even
try to play this game, it doesn't benefit anyone and doesn't help in
keeping the discussion constructive. Yet, I think that everyone thinks
that his opinion should be valued as one, and not just subdued from
the "directors". Maybe that's the first reason why this sprint could
be useful.