Survey to prepare 'Next Workspace Iteration' sprint

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 21:32:08 UTC 2012

On Monday, June 04, 2012 11:00:56 PM Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> That might come as a surprise, but
>
> 					Plasma == Active
>
> Making a difference between those (and the KDE workspace) only makes sense
> in a very limited scope. There's only a technical difference, but as we're
> explicitely excluding technicalities and focus on vision, just assume
> they're the same.
>
> 					Workspace == Plasma

Exactly the point I did before. This is something Plasma team (as in you,
notmart, ivan, aseigo) think, doesn't mean everybody else does.

> > In the same way we had various people attending the Active sprint that
> > weren't  part of the plasma/active team (Dario, Aleix, Laszlo, Me) in this
> > sprint we will have people from different projects (like telepathy,
> > frameworks, solid) that want to work on the workspace and move it forward.
>
> Same thing here:
> 	- by attending a sprint about Plasma/Active, you are by definition part of
>     it: you contribute, otherwise you wouldn't be there
>   - Might make it easier: You can easily be taking part in more than one
>     project.
>
> Aaron struck a note here that explained to me why I hadn't registered
> earlier to the sprint -- simply because I didn't feel part of it. By
> changing the name, you get that kind of result, and I don't think it's
> actually a desired one.
You can take this same argument and put it the other way around. If we call
this Tokamak (implicitly Plasma sprint) people such as myself won't attend
because I didn't consider myself Plasma (until recently anyway).