Survey to prepare 'Next Workspace Iteration' sprint

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 21:00:56 UTC 2012

On Monday, June 04, 2012 22:49:35 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> On Monday, June 04, 2012 08:17:27 PM Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > p.s. and why isn't this "Tokamak 5" and instead morphed into the nebulous
> > "Next Workspace Iteration Sprint" which does nothing to build on the
> > community platform we have going here, alienating just about everyone
> > because it is neither known (and therefore comfortable) nor well defined
> > (literally it means: we're doing something next .. iteratively .. in the
> > workspace .. but what exactly?)
>
> I can answer to this.
>
> Tokamak 5 is (wrongly?) understood as the Plasma team sprint, this sprint
> is  not only about plasma but instead about "How we move the workspace
> forward". It is actually closer to the Active sprint.

That might come as a surprise, but

					Plasma == Active

Making a difference between those (and the KDE workspace) only makes sense in
a very limited scope. There's only a technical difference, but as we're
explicitely excluding technicalities and focus on vision, just assume they're
the same.

					Workspace == Plasma

> In the same way we had various people attending the Active sprint that
> weren't  part of the plasma/active team (Dario, Aleix, Laszlo, Me) in this
> sprint we will have people from different projects (like telepathy,
> frameworks, solid) that want to work on the workspace and move it forward.

Same thing here:
	- by attending a sprint about Plasma/Active, you are by definition part of
    it: you contribute, otherwise you wouldn't be there
  - Might make it easier: You can easily be taking part in more than one
    project.

Aaron struck a note here that explained to me why I hadn't registered earlier
to the sprint -- simply because I didn't feel part of it. By changing the
name, you get that kind of result, and I don't think it's actually a desired
one.

sebas