Survey to prepare 'Next Workspace Iteration' sprint

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 20:49:35 UTC 2012

On Monday, June 04, 2012 08:17:27 PM Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> p.s. and why isn't this "Tokamak 5" and instead morphed into the nebulous
> "Next Workspace Iteration Sprint" which does nothing to build on the
> community platform we have going here, alienating just about everyone
> because it is neither known (and therefore comfortable) nor well defined
> (literally it means: we're doing something next .. iteratively .. in the
> workspace .. but what exactly?)

I can answer to this.

Tokamak 5 is (wrongly?) understood as the Plasma team sprint, this sprint is
not only about plasma but instead about "How we move the workspace forward".
It is actually closer to the Active sprint.

In the same way we had various people attending the Active sprint that weren't
part of the plasma/active team (Dario, Aleix, Laszlo, Me) in this sprint we
will have people from different projects (like telepathy, frameworks, solid)
that want to work on the workspace and move it forward.

Then, there seems to be a misunderstanding in the community we should solve on
the sprint, some people believe that Plasma is the shell, not the entire
workspace while other think that Plasma is the entire workspace, hence we call
now the workspace "KDE Plasma Desktop" instead of XXXXXX Desktop.

I consider the sprint as an impasse between now (messed names, confusing
communities, etc) into the next thing where all this small issues should be
fixed.