Theming, again

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 18:22:45 UTC 2012

On Monday 04 June 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday, June 4, 2012 11:57:09 Marco Martin wrote:
> > there are things that revealed to be pretty painful, like having to have
> > the borders actually splitted in different elements rather than split the
> > rendered pixmap afterwards, having to design the thing from scratch i
> > would make it behave in a radically different way.
>
> concrete example pls?

yes, a concrete thing that i would do different.. (and i'm not advocating to
change, because of the retrocompatibility and because there are plenty other
areas that have more priorities to put work into)

basically the bigger pain is to split the border in 8 parts and mixing vector
and pixmaps in those things (since shadows must be pixmaps) often there is
always a misalignment of 0.0001 pixels that creates glithces

a probable nice way would be to have the border in a single element then have
hint rectangles that indicates  where to cut the rendered pixmap and assemble
again in the final result (not sure if i explained myself correctly)

but again, this is a typical case of "if only I knew better some years ago",
not something worth to be changed now imo

Cheers,
Marco Martin