Switch and Checkbox items

Daniel Nicoletti dantti12 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:17:42 UTC 2012

2012/12/13 Nuno Pinheiro <nuno at oxygen-icons.org>

> you guys know the mains reason for radio butons and check boxes beeing
> kiiled
> on the touch world dont you?

My Android 4 phone has tons of checkboxes...

They are shrodingers cats, wile you pressthem they are at the same time
> bowth
> pressed and unpresssed since the phinguer covers all of them and for that
> periud you dont know its status, plus makes it terribly hard to change up
> your
> mind wille pressing them, solution was the switcher.

That's not the problem, you can't know the state of a switch while holding
it either,
you can also change your mind about a checkbox if you move your mouse
(finger)
away while pressing.

> in the desktop we dont need them and they mostly just brake alignements

Alignments can be adjusted, is the switcher size too tall? make it smaller,
does
a I / O makes it easier to read? then do it. And use QML anchors to align...

Daniel Nicoletti

KDE Developer - http://dantti.wordpress.com