Switch and Checkbox items

Nuno Pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Thu Dec 13 17:35:42 UTC 2012

A Quinta, 13 de Dezembro de 2012 15:17:42 Daniel Nicoletti escreveu:

2012/12/13 Nuno Pinheiro <nuno at oxygen-icons.org>

>>you guys know the mains reason for radio butons and check boxes beeing
>>kiiled
>>on the touch world dont you?

>My Android 4 phone has tons of checkboxes...

and you say that as if it was a good thing? :)

>>They are shrodingers cats, wile you pressthem they are at the same time
>>bowth
>>pressed and unpresssed since the phinguer covers all of them and for that
>>periud you dont know its status, plus makes it terribly hard to change up
>>your
>>mind wille pressing them, solution was the switcher.

>That's not the problem, you can't know the state of a switch while holding it
>either,

poorly designed ones? sure..

>you can also change your mind about a checkbox if you move your mouse (finger)
>away while pressing.

thats not very optimal, not the usual way you touch things (you press but you
dont realy press is not realy well mapped mentaly, you know any buton in real
life you can press and not press at the same time by sliding your phinger
sideways:) ?)

>>in the desktop we dont need them and they mostly just brake alignements

               >Alignments can be adjusted, is the switcher size too tall?
>make it smaller, does
>a I / O makes it easier to read? then do it. And use QML anchors to align...

any way i think i would end up agreeing more with you than anything else you
seam to be saying that discessions are mostly a designers thing :) were some
elements feel beter in some use cases-

Daniel Nicoletti

KDE Developer - http://dantti.wordpress.com