RFC: Application wide shortcuts in QML

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Dec 13 15:20:46 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 15:24:01 Mark wrote:
> Could you post a link to that Qt 5.1 api when you find it again? I did
> a bit of searching, but nothing thus far.

nothing has been published thus far. discussions will be ongoing on the qt
devel list.

> As for limiting it's usage. In my case that would not work. I need F5
> as well in my app so i'm guessing other app developers "could" have
> the same requirement.

F5 for reload? sounds like a good use case for introducing standard shortcuts
to QML as we have in the rest of Qt/KDE (also discussed @ devdays, btw).

beyond that, this sounds like it probably needs some design thinking (as
opposed to "drive hard and fast to the nearest implementation") to consider
how to make keyboard triggable actions available in a way that works in a
componentized environment (QWidgets also fails here, btw :)

> Perhaps it's better to just use this component as a desktop component
> only? Is there any way to enforce that?

currently, no.