[RFC] New (QML) Desktop Containment

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 21:10:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Alex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:

> The changes look excellent!
>
> I'm wondering a few things:
> -Should we remove the interface to lock/unlock the desktop and delegate
> this
> to the kiosk mode?

is among the features that shouldn't have got in in the first place, but i
don't think is safely removable without revolts, as usual, there must be
continuity

> -What was the design decision/idea/thing behind cashew? It seems to me
> like a
> way of showing some actions that otherwise will be hidden (in the context
>  menu), is that it?

(cough, toolbox, cough) one tof the reasons is that the context menu can be
removed by the user at any time, or repurposed to show something completely
different