Moving screen locking away from krunner

Daniel Nicoletti dantti12 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:13:49 UTC 2012

2012/12/7 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>

> not only are you late to the discussion, but you apparently have not looked
> into how it is done: a separate process is started for the screenlocker /
> screensaver. it does not run in the ksmserver process. this is how it was
> also
> done in krunner .. and kdesktop before that.

Ok, then sorry for the noise :P
Yes I didn't look, I took some assumption from previous posts to this
thread.
It's just someone said that krunner could crash and we wouldn't
have the session locked, then it was said it was moved to kcmserver
and I got a bit scared of kcmserver crashing now...

i would like to see the performance of this increased by having the greeter
> launch time reduced ... but that's a different matter.

Yes, I was doing some tests to see what could be improved
on kde startup to make it faster, I have some ideas to make kded
more reliable and a bit faster, but from my tests the big killer
was still plasma, I really would like to do something about this
but my time is quite limited and I think it's best to wait for
Qt5 and QML be used... anyway as you said it's a different matter :P

Best,

--
Daniel Nicoletti

KDE Developer - http://dantti.wordpress.com