Back to basics

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 10:08:39 UTC 2012

On Saturday 18 August 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> there are no "basics".
>
> never have been.
>
> never will be.
>
> i respect and admire the desire to make things better. that's always a good
> thing. but what thing(s) should be better?
>
> you mention at some point the mouse/keyboard driven concept (because we've
> obviously lef that behind or something apparently) and that is perhaps a
> good start. so WHAT aspect of mouse/keyboard interaction could be
> improved?

i think the idea of going trough small annoyances and putting a marketing
twist around it is sound.
that, given that we focus on small things avoiding the easy temptation of
doing big changes (as i seen some on this thread ;) that would obviously cause
other regressions.

the idea that i think would work in this particular period of time is to
market  the kde workspaces as adapting to different form factors with adapted
ui solutions opposed to the one size fits all paradigm that seems to be
popular right now.

as i already said, the very important part is to not appear stuck in the past
with that

Cheers,
Marco Martin