Current state of System Monitor

Dmitry dmitry.ashkadov at rosalab.ru
Thu Aug 9 10:18:43 UTC 2012

08.08.2012 17:13, Mark пишет:
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Dmitry<dmitry.ashkadov at rosalab.ru>  wrote:

>>> i would like to replace the current c++ applet(s)
>>> however to make a painless transition for users it should look as similar
>>> as
>>> possible to the current ones (and then make eventual visual modifications
>>> second time)
>> I don't really need graphical visualization of history of values (plotter).
>> Current monitor applet acquires too many space on panel and at the same time
>> it shows current value incorrectly. So, I don't want to replace current
>> system monitor because it is intended to be placed on a desktop and I need
>> more simple monitor applet on panel. I usually don't see my desktop (and
>> never place applets on it) and I think it is better that system monitor
>> applet is placed on panel.

> My advice would be to use the current KDE Plasma ported components [1]
> in QML. You can find the documentation of each of those bindings in
> the C++ docs [2] note that you also need to look at the header files
> to figure out which values are usable in QML (Q_PROPERTY and
> Q_INVOKABLE) If you need a canvas, make a QML wrapper around the
> Plasma::SignalPlotter component that implements the same functions as
> [3]. It's a bit of a hassle and not optimal, but it will make your
> code ready to port to Qt5 thus makes your life a lot easier + doing
> that also - likely - allows your plasmoid to be accepted in KDE. (no
> guarantees!)
>
> [1] http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=kde-runtime.git&a=blob&h=6cc3011319d750cb70c4cb98eb5290bf042c4d78&hb=944cbca008962f41c33c994ef320771ec7fed161&f=plasma%2Fdeclarativeimports%2Fgraphicswidgets%2Fgraphicswidgetsbindingsplugin.cpp
> [2] http://api.kde.org/4.8-api/kdelibs-apidocs/plasma/html/namespacePlasma.html
> [3] http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/5.0/qml-qtquick2-context2d.html
Hello, Mark!

I think, you haven't understood me right. I don't want to port current
C++ system monitor applet because it hasn't been intended to be placed
on a panel. I don't need visualization (plotter) at all. If I put
current system monitor applet on panel it will looks strange and
acquires too much space.