Current state of System Monitor

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 08:18:56 UTC 2012

On Thursday 09 August 2012, Giorgos Tsiapaliokas wrote:
> On 8 August 2012 16:13, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My advice would be to use the current KDE Plasma ported components [1]
>
> Why to use those and not to use
> org.kde.plasma.components<http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=kde-runtime.g
> it&a=tree&h=82c4dab209d040673e7c163860de1bc26fda7bc6&hb=93f155c6b86acedd274
> 64abb21ee09b61f7b28cb&f=plasma%2Fdeclarativeimports%2Fplasmacomponents> ??
> The c++ had some issues because they don't use the QtQuick module,
> instead they use the old QGraphics* classes.
>
> I believe that in libplasma2 that org.kde.plasma.graphicswidgets will be
> removed. No?

yes, but they exist for a reason: a transition period.
is not possible to really port to qml1 a couple of widgets, and those are

* the plotters used in systemmonitor

* textedit, where is still not possible to have the complete right mouse
button menu the textedit had (with actions like find, copy, spellcheck..)
also is still not possible to have the inline spellcheck

so s acceptable to use them is some contexts for now, keeping in mind that
will have to be ported in the future (still less work than porting the
complete plasmoid :p)

Cheers,
Marco Martin