Next Iteration Sprint, confirmed !

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Mon Apr 23 15:40:48 UTC 2012

On Monday, April 23, 2012 02:33:45 PM Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Addressing these two concerns individually:
>
> On Friday, April 20, 2012 15:19:14 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> > 1-Everybody joings libplasma2 development, coordination is a mess, lot of
> > new  people working in old code etc, not ideal.
>
> I don't see why this would happen, we just need to coordinate and talk to
> each other. This kind of coordination is something we do all the time. :)
Considering the type and the amount of work that will have to be done in
libplasma the only close example imho is the entire Frameworks5 thing, and
libplasma2 is included in it anyway.

So no, this is not something we do all the time.
> I'd really like to avoid some kind of consumer view onto Plasma.
Not sure what do you mean here.

> Getting
> involved at this level also means moving its foundations forward, it's part
> of our shared responsibility that keeps Plasma alive (and prevents the
> "maybe in the future nobody cares" problem from arising). The same goes,
> btw, if you replace libplasma2 with Frameworks5 and "Plasma" with "KDE" --
> those are in fact closely related.
Well, just speaking for myself, plasma2 at the moment is NOT my
responsability, mines are: solid, libsolid, BlueDevil, RandR, Kamoso, and
Frameworks5 (though I haven't done anything yet), libplasma2 is not one of
them.

That doesn't mean that I won't work on libplasma2 and QML effort porting for
the greater good, but they are not my responsability just right now, they will
be int he future (I guess).

Anyway, all this rambling is precisely what we want to avoid by not talking
technical stuff in the Vision sprint, and I don't see the hurry on talking
about technical stuff just yet because stuff will be done, work will be done,
and libplasma will be moved forward that is for sure since we want to keep
compatibility with the current stuff, just this sprint is not the place or the
time to discuss it.

I have heard normart saying "What I want to do is a core plasma sprint to make
libplasma2 happen", what about doing that instead ?