Next Iteration Sprint, confirmed !

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Apr 23 12:33:45 UTC 2012

Addressing these two concerns individually:

On Friday, April 20, 2012 15:19:14 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> 1-Everybody joings libplasma2 development, coordination is a mess, lot of
> new  people working in old code etc, not ideal.

I don't see why this would happen, we just need to coordinate and talk to each
other. This kind of coordination is something we do all the time. :)

> 2-We wait until libplasma2 is done, maybe when it is done we don't have
> this  much interested people anymore.

By waiting until it's done, it won't get done.

Doing this work doesn't mean that all other work is blocked or has to stall,
in fact especially the QML ports already allow for quite visible improvements
in our user experience, and bringing interesting new features and Look and
Feel on top of our currently stable base.

The earlier we get libplasma2 done, the better since it allows us to move
forward at a much quicker pace again, it's the sort of foundational work that
is needed once in a while, and really would help to get Plasma in all its
disguises to the next level.

I'd really like to avoid some kind of consumer view onto Plasma. Getting
involved at this level also means moving its foundations forward, it's part of
our shared responsibility that keeps Plasma alive (and prevents the "maybe in
the future nobody cares" problem from arising). The same goes, btw, if you
replace libplasma2 with Frameworks5 and "Plasma" with "KDE" -- those are in
fact closely related.

sebas