ScreenSaver and KDE Plasma 4.8?

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Fri Sep 30 06:16:30 UTC 2011

> But when compositing is turned off, you currently get the plain old
> implementation including screen savers. And I don't want to change that
> code.

I'm with Marco on this one.

I don't think having two totally different code paths and user exp is a
good idea.

> * drop screensaver support altogether, probably would create some

+1

If the dialogue is qml, then people could write qml screensavers. So,
dropping the legacy ones doesn't seem like a totally revolt-inspiring
idea.

Maybe you could ask a question about this on your blog?

Cheerio

--
You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you
stop laughing.