ScreenSaver and KDE Plasma 4.8?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Sep 29 21:49:50 UTC 2011

Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> * drop screensaver support altogether, probably would create some troubles
> as evil KDE removed screensavers
> * add Plasma widget support to new screen locker implementation but drop
> screensaver support (same problems as first option)

I don't think these are acceptable. Our users will complain loudly if their
screensavers stop working. And then blogs and forum posts will pop up with
various buggy hacks for how to use xscreensaver directly in KDE, with the
resulting support nightmare.

As useless as a screensaver is these days, users LOVE these things and will
NOT put up with losing that feature.

        Kevin Kofler