merging plasma-declarative and active-development?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Sep 13 11:35:34 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, September 13, 2011 04:24:11 Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas wrote:
> On 13 September 2011 02:14, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Friday, September 9, 2011 19:07:19 Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas wrote:
> > > in the kde-runtime repo the plasma-declarative branch is a pain to be
> > > installed in the system so i was thinking to merge this branch.
> >
> > what is in the plasma-declarative branch?
>
> In this branch it exists the code of Daker Pinheiro,his code is the GSOC
> which is a try to qmlify the ui staff of libplasma,aka Qt compoments.

soon after this gets merged, i feel we'll probably end up putting all the QML
support from both kdelibs and kde-runtime into a new independant git
repository. ... just so everyone has a heads-up on that eventuality.

> I am not aware of the needs of his branch.Even if the code has some issues i
> think that we have to merge it to master and then solve its issues. Except

my experience is that when we "merge then solve", where the "solve" part
happens really depends on the level and extent of issues left. in the past we
have too often ended up with things merged and then had issues with having
them completed. we need to not keep repeating that pattern :)

so if there are issues, we need to know what they are prior to merging.

humru othro a kohnu se