Some help for recreating the Plasma Tool Box in QML

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 09:58:44 UTC 2011

On Saturday 29 October 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday, October 28, 2011 22:10:07 Mark wrote:
> > > :
> > > :p
> > >
> > > usually only after it's been pointed out is it right under your now;
> > > before
> > > that it may as well be very well hidden behind your back ;)
> > >
> > > don't worry, with time you'll get to learn the source tree and where
> > > you can
> > > expect to look for different kinds of things. it's just a learning
> > > curve, though hopefully one we've made as level as possible.

> > > np :)
> >
> > Oke, i finally have the darn QML file working in the position where i
> > want it. Quite irritating since apparently i need to set the base
> > position of QDeclarativeView in C++ where i'd expect it to be set from
> > XML with just X and Y position.. Also the line to set some flags doesn't
> > seem to be working on QDeclerativeView: KWindowSystem::setState(winId(),
> > NET::SkipTaskbar | NET::SkipPager | NET::Sticky | NET::KeepAbove); ...
> > Or i did something wrong.
> >
> > Anyway, i'm gonna try to fill up the QML file with elements so it looks
> > like the current tool box we all know but for that i need to get some
> > things working..
> >
> > 1. How do i get the PlasmaCore import working:
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/QML/GettingStarted#P
> > las ma_Widgets_in_QML My
>
> you just include PlasmaCore like:
>
> import org.kde.plasma.core 0.1 as PlasmaCore
>
> assumng you have a sufficiently new kde-runtime installed, this should
> "just work"

make sure the proper import path is set in the qml runtime.
ie if you are using this from plasma you <blink>***M U S T***</blink> use
Plasma::DeclarativeWidget

if you are doing tests with qmlviewer, add the command line parameter
-I /usr/lib/kde4/imports

(or whatever prefix kde is installed instead of /usr)

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/ThemeDetails#Current_Theme_Elements

> > 3. Where are the plasma QML files hidden for a button and such and how do
> > i use them (imports.. same as question 1 only with different files)
>
> until the MobileComponents and Plasma::Components become available to you
> (will be in kde-runtime, and eventually a separate KDE QML repository), you
> can use Plasma widgdets like PlasmaWidgets.PushButton

plasma components are now in runtime master (whether leavng them in for 4.8 is
another question, but i would)

Cheers,
Marco Martin