Some help for recreating the Plasma Tool Box in QML

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Oct 29 09:17:19 UTC 2011

On Friday, October 28, 2011 22:10:07 Mark wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday, October 27, 2011 14:05:42 Mark wrote:
> > > Ah men i hate this.. This is a typical "it's right under your nose" case
> > :
> > :p
> >
> > usually only after it's been pointed out is it right under your now;
> > before
> > that it may as well be very well hidden behind your back ;)
> >
> > don't worry, with time you'll get to learn the source tree and where you
> > can
> > expect to look for different kinds of things. it's just a learning curve,
> > though hopefully one we've made as level as possible.
> >
> > > Thanx for helping :)
> >
> > np :)
>
> Oke, i finally have the darn QML file working in the position where i want
> it. Quite irritating since apparently i need to set the base position of
> QDeclarativeView in C++ where i'd expect it to be set from XML with just X
> and Y position.. Also the line to set some flags doesn't seem to be working
> on QDeclerativeView: KWindowSystem::setState(winId(), NET::SkipTaskbar |
> NET::SkipPager | NET::Sticky | NET::KeepAbove); ... Or i did something
> wrong.
>
> Anyway, i'm gonna try to fill up the QML file with elements so it looks like
> the current tool box we all know but for that i need to get some things
> working..
>
> 1. How do i get the PlasmaCore import working:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/QML/GettingStarted#Plas
> ma_Widgets_in_QML My

you just include PlasmaCore like:

import org.kde.plasma.core 0.1 as PlasmaCore

assumng you have a sufficiently new kde-runtime installed, this should "just
work"

> 2. Which options are possible for plasmacore backgrounds.. Right now i have
> "widgets/frame" but what else is there?

these come from the SVG theme... in this case you probably want to use
dialogs/background

> 3. Where are the plasma QML files hidden for a button and such and how do i
> use them (imports.. same as question 1 only with different files)

until the MobileComponents and Plasma::Components become available to you
(will be in kde-runtime, and eventually a separate KDE QML repository), you
can use Plasma widgdets like PlasmaWidgets.PushButton

> least have this plasma tool box as QML for KDE 4.9 and perhaps even all
> panel stuff in QML for KDE 4.9? (yeah, i really start to like QML :p)

sounds great :)

humru othro a kohnu se