IconTasks taskmanager changes

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 27 14:29:48 UTC 2011

On Thursday, October 27, 2011 14:24:26 Craig Drummond wrote:
> 1. TaskAction changes - these are self contained anyway.
> 2. Launcher matching - mainly TaskItem::launcherUrl() changes.
> 3. Launcher ordering - basically everything else.
>
> Would that be enough?

sure :)

it would be very good to see the actual git commits be small and atomic
though. i really don't want to see three huge commits that make it difficult
to figure out what happened other than "a big patch was thrown in at this
point in time"

`git commit --interactive` is a great way to pick out individual changes in
files and group specific changes from multiple files together. for instance,
in task_x11.cpp there are three changes. the first and last belong together
(are about checking the kde version #), and the middle one adds an
implementation for int pid(). that should really go into two commits.

looking at the patch, one thing i can see right away that you can probably do
right now to simplify things is to remove all the #if KDE_IS_VERSION(4, 6, 0)
checks. kde-workspace requires the same version of kdelibs. right now that
means as a minimum 4.7 (some things may even currently require master
already?). so all those checks can be removed. (which actually renders my
example about task_x11.cpp moot ;)

there are only 3 instances of that in the patch, so it shouldn't be too
disruptive....

humru othro a kohnu se