which is the roadmap of kdeplasma-addons repository?

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 11:03:08 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 16:48:03 Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas wrote:
>> I am highly interested in helping refactoring the kdeplasma-addons
>> repository.(Of course if it is being decided.)
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> i think having a place for 3rd party non-C++ plasmoids to be added and
> promoted is a good idea. i don't think it has anything to do with kdeplasma-
> addons, and i think we'd need to think hard about what such an effort would do
> better / different than kde-apps.org.

Are these approaches necessarily mutually exclusive?  Within their own
extension manager, Mozilla lists "Featured" extensions.  Would it be
possible to have a similar list under KDE-look.org for plasmoids?  In
other words, provide a list of plasmoids in KDE-look.org that
developers think are particularly useful or show off the capabilities
of plasma.

-Todd