which is the roadmap of kdeplasma-addons repository?

Artur de Souza asouza at kde.org
Tue Jun 14 18:43:49 CEST 2011

Quoting Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas <terietor at gmail.com>:
> I propose to check the repository first and reorder it.We can create
> some extra folders like "QML plasmoids","active plasmoids",etc and
> organize the existing plasmoids better.
> Then with some blog posts to promote the existence of the repository
> and the ability of plasma coders to add there their
> plasmoids,something like kde-apps.org.In kde-apps.org everyone is able
> to add there his plasmoid,when in kdeplasma-addons repository only
> some "chosen" plasmoids from the plasma devs will be added.
> Of course if this happen,each plasmoid must have its maintainer who
> would maintain it.If it is being decided we can provide also a
> bugzilla for each plasmoid,but the point is the maintainer to be very
> active in order to avoid a second failure of the bugzilla.Moreover
> this action will be good for the entire KDE community,since KDE is
> frameworks and not a desktop enviroment(you know what i mean:)),this
> can motivate more people to get involvrd with the framework part of
> KDE and less with the desktop enviroment.
>
> I am highly interested in helping refactoring the kdeplasma-addons
> repository.(Of course if it is being decided.)
>
> What do you think?

I would say that we should encourage people to use kde-apps.org to
deploy their plasmoids. Everything we ship we must be sure of it's
quality.

At the same time I'm in favor or organizing kdeplasma-addons to be
what the name says: addons that are good to have but not required.

+1 to remove the plasmoids/dataengines/etc.. that are not being
properly maintained or the author does not care about it anymore.

I'm sorry I didnt have much time to read carefully your email because
I'm in a rush to the airport :( But my main points are: we should have
kdeplasma-addons as a set of plasma stuff that we want to put the KDE
brand on it, but we should avoid putting anything people would like
there: for that we have kde-apps.org

Cheers!

PS: as soon as I've more time I'll read carefully your email :)

http://claimid.com/morpheuz
Blog: http://blog.morpheuz.cc
PGP: 0xDBEEAAC3 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net